The overarching goal of the Downtown High School’s Real Options for Organizing the Future Afterschool Program (ROOF ASP) is to help young students realize and achieve their full potentials while developing within them the skills they need to successfully transition into adulthood. To these ends, our program works to help students:
- Increase graduation rates.
- Gain self-confidence and develop the courage they need to take risks.
- Develop critical thinking skills and competency about their own development.
- Cultivate a consciousness of individual self in society with active voices and opinions.
- Fulfill their potentials while developing ambition, life skills, and talents to they can take through graduation and into post-secondary education and/or a vocational trade (CTE).